Thursday, February 9, 2012

Low Pressure Wednesday #2



Last night's race was well attended and fast. The trails in the park were hardpacked and icy, fast but hairy. Off to a mellower start than the first race, Neil upped the pace once he got in front and it was on. Grant's new stunts were stellar, just great fun to ride, and the pool drop was in terrific condition. I managed to slide out and tweak my floppy knee, but aside from that, all went smoothly. Rob dominated Gut Buster, the main climb, and ended up walking away with the win by a good 10 seconds. I think all had a swell time.

I've uploaded the GPS trace to Strava and created segments that comprise the whole course. If you were out there and recorded your ride, get onto Strava and upload it to join the leader board. It'll be fun to see how everyone stacks up on all the different sections.

This first foray into Strava's features gets me started toward incorporating the site's features into our Tall Tree Cycles events: The Ride of the Damned, The Hell Climb, and Double Cross. We're quite excited about the possibilities for enhancing these events with Strava, and will be trying a bunch of ideas out come May 13th, when The Ride of the Damned rolls.

3 comments:

the original big ring said...

Have you tried Endomondo? Some nice features and you can use your phone.

Matt Surch said...

No, but I've heard good things. Is it better than Strava? What about actual GPS unit use? Perhaps the two apps compliment each other?

the original big ring said...

I haven't tried Strava Matt. I had a look at yours and it seems similar. From my experiences I really like Endomondo. Check the link to it on my blog.

p.s. i would have been coming out to the race series but Wednesday's are a no go for me.